Our 5 Favorite Facts About Beeswax
We’re celebrating Honey Bee Season with our 5 favorite beeswax facts!
We all know beeswax makes great candles, but have you ever stopped to think about why that is? At Red Leaf Home, we are big fans of the honeybee. These super pollinators help all kinds of plants from wild flowers to produce grown on farms. Without bees, we’d lose a lot of flavor in our diets. We’re celebrating the busy bee with our five favorite beeswax facts and our Honey Candle Collection.
- Beeswax candles have been around for at least 2,000 years.
- Beeswax burns up to 2 or 3 times longer than the leading candle ingredient, paraffin.
- Beeswax is 100% natural and emits nothing harmful into your air.
- Even better, the negative ions emitted by the beeswax clean your air of dust and pollen.
- Lastly, beeswax naturally smells great when burned. But we still like to mix in some of our favorite scents 😉
Ready to bring beeswax into your home?Check Out Our Collection Here